DIY - VANITY

Im pretty sure that everyone that is into makeup, wants their own space where you could do your makeup and hair & store your makeup. For such a long time I have wanted a vanity and I always searched on what type of desks and mirrors I could use and also searched on DIY'S. I have found many beautiful ones. I think that making your own vanity is way more economic than to just order a vanity that is already made [ they are priced from $300 to $500 ]. So I recently went to Ikea in search for wall decor so I could place my nail polishes and "suprisingly" I  came out with a whole bunch of other things. My mom hates it when I do that, she always says me and my sisters are terrible shoppers because we buy the first thing we see lol. I found a chest of drawers that I really liked and it was also on sale. I didnt really want the big desk because i read reviews where alot of people said that it starts coming off with time.
 [The name is Lote and it is still on sale !http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50293722/ ]

I personally like that it's medium size and that it has 3 drawers FYI the drawers are very spacious , I like to use the bottom one for all my hair tools . I actually found the wall lights in ikea but when I went to ask for it, the sales associate informed me that they dont make that specific light anymore. I was soooooo annoyed lol and just randomly went to get another one. OMG INSTEAD OF GETTING A WALL LAMP I GOT A CLOSET LAMP !!! lol I did not notice till I got home so I had to return it  [ it worked out in the end ]. I got one more item at ikea and it is a mirror. When I first saw it I thought it was going to be a bit pricey, it actually was just $19.99. SIDENOTE: while I was looking for the mirror in ikea's website I realized that I put my mirror on the wall vertically ,but it looks better horizontal like in the website I will be changing it soon.

Due to the fact that I had to return my mirror lights and search for new lights I found the best and I 
mean BEST deal at Home Depot. The price for the lights were at the time $9.99 and they are just soo BEAUTIFUL !!!![ thank you babe ! lol he told me I should have gone to home depot first ]. I got the one with 3 bulbs because I did not want the lights to be longer than the actual mirror, but they have 4 light bulbs & a 8 bulb one also.


I recommend to ask for help when you are installing the lights because they were slightly confusing at first and it was kind of hard making the holes in the wall. Overall I LOVE how it came out, i did not want to use LED lights so i used 40 watts clear bulbs [it is really the person's preference ] Either way it turned out really bright and it looks beautiful .
you could get this anywhere i bought this in Home Depot http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-40-Watt-Incandescent-G25-Globe-Double-Life-Clear-Light-Bulb-3-Pack-40G25C-2L-TP3-6/203909189

This is the finished product
Dont Mind Hazel she likes to get in all my pictures lol


If you guys try this DIY tag me on instagram so i could see all your creations ,Till next time


- M E O W

Comments

  1. It was really insightful.
    Thanks for the info.
    Wanna have more contents from you.
    Cheers
    BTW if anyone interested more have a look Read More thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm back !

FAVORITE CONCEALERS